1. DO NOT EAT for 8 hours prior to your arrival time (if you have had stomach or esophageal
surgery including gastric bypass or lap band do not eat for 12 hours).
Please stop all fasting 3 days prior to procedure, and only fast the 8 to 12 hours directly prior to the procedure.
2. DO NOT DRINK anything including Water, Juice, Coffee, Tea, Milk, or Soda for 8 hours prior
to your arrival time. Note that you may take your approved medications at least 3 hours prior to procedure with a very, very small sip of water, just enough to take your medication.
3. DO NOT CHEW anything including Gum, Candy, Mints, or Tobacco for 8 hours before your
4. Bring Your Identification Card and Insurance card(s) with you and give to the anesthesia tech in preop. Anesthesia is a separate claim from your doctor and our systems do not communicate.
5. YOU MUST HAVE A DRIVER WITH YOU. YOUR DRIVER MUST STAY ON SITE THE ENTIRE TIME. Uber, Taxi Drivers and Lyft are not acceptable unless a friend or family member is riding with you that can see you home safely and watch over you. Your driver must be over the age of 18.
6. Sign paperwork that has been sent to your email. If you did not get an email please reach out to us as soon as possible. Paperwork must be signed prior to your procedure.
For Gynecology Patients
7. You will need to provide a urine sample at check in if you are not menopausal, so check in before you go to the bathroom.
8. Wear comfortable clothing. You will be getting undressed from the waist down and loose fitting clothing that is easy to get in and out of works best. Also, wear slip on slip off shoes if possible.
9. Bring your “Granny Panties” as the nurse will need to place a pad in the underwear.
10. The office may be cold, please bring a jacket or sweater to keep warm for postop.
11. Your check-in time is 1 hour before your procedure.
Please contact the billing department with any questions as soon as possible to prevent delays in treatment.
Note: If you begin to show any signs or symptoms of Covid-19, please call and reschedule
your appointment. Please contact both Anesthesia (480-562-7232) AND the Facility your procedure is scheduled with.
Copyright © 2018 SWPT Anesthesia - All Rights Reserved. IV Sedation. Mobile Anesthesia. In office sedation. In Office Anesthesia AZ. Arizona Mobile Anesthesia.